I am going to keep this as short and simple as possible. you NEED to make this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe. This recipe is number one for a reason, it’s absolutely incredible. We have yet to find any takeout restaurant beat this recipe.
The secret to the breading is the cornstarch, it makes such a huge difference and the flavor of the sauce is unbeatable. It will thicken as it cooks, coating the chicken perfectly. It’s also easy enough that you just might have to add this to your menu every week, it’s just that good! Easy take out at home!
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 6 PEOPLE
4 Chicken breasts boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup cornstarch
3 eggs beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic salt. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
- I stirred the chicken every 15 minutes so that it coated them in the sauce.