Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is one of our favorite dinners. Spicy cajun seasoned chicken, tons of veggies, and a creamy sauce. It’s pretty much a recipe for perfection. And better yet, this cajun pasta only has 8 ingredients! It’s a super easy meal to throw together which makes it perfect for family dinners.
Pro Tip: Make your own homemade cajun seasoning! Check out the recipe notes where we list the ingredients for our own homemade cajun seasoning. We are huge fans of homemade cajun seasoning simply because it allows complete control of the flavor. We always have a little bottle or baggie of homemade cajun seasoning in the pantry. You can always use a store bought mix, but there’s a lot of variation out there so make sure you find one you like.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 teaspoons cajun seasoning divided
6 tablespoons butter divided
1 pound linguine
3 bell peppers various colors, sliced
1 red onion sliced
8 oz mushrooms sliced
2 cups heavy cream
- Rub each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 3 tablespoons of butter. Sear the chicken breasts in the butter until browned on each side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F which will take about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Remove the chicken and set aside to rest.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the same skillet as you cooked the chicken, without cleaning, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add in bell peppers, onion, and mushroom. Sauté until veggies are tender. Sprinkle remaining 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning over veggies and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cooked pasta and toss until coated and veggies are evenly distributed. Slice chicken breasts and serve over hot pasta.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt