Watch out everyone, because Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies are here! They start out innocently enough with a delicious brownie base, but do not be fooled, these are no ordinary brownie. There are a lot of flavors and textures going on here, and once you layer the peanut butter and melted chocolate with rice krispie cereal, you won’t be able to contain yourself. We are smitten over these brownies, and you will be too!
This recipe comes together quicker and easier than you would expect. Brownies are one of those tried and true easy desserts that we all hate to love because you can’t just stop at one. All manners go out the window when making brownies: licking the beaters? Check. We don’t judge. Especially once you spread on the peanut butter and toppings, we go a little nuts over these. Whip up a batch for your next party or get together, and watch them disappear faster than you can say “save me one!”
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
COOLING TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
5 tablespoons salted butter melted
3 ounces baking chocolate melted
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH TOPPING
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter melted
1 cup rice krispie cereal*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x9 glass pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to mix together melted butter, melted chocolate, and sugar. Add in the eggs, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in salt, baking powder, and flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and spread peanut butter on top. Let cool 1 hour.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt chocolate chips with butter in 15 second increments in the microwave, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in rice krispie cereal.
- Spread chocolate mixture on top of peanut butter layer. Transfer pan to the fridge and allow to cool completely until set, about 30 minutes.
*Increase Rice Krispie cereal to 1 1/2 cups total if you like an extra crispy topping.
*After spreading the peanut butter, you can speed up the cooling process by placing your pan directly in the freezer for a few minutes while you make the Rice Krispy topping.