How to make Pinoy Spaghetti?

Pinoy Spaghetti or Filipino Spaghetti is the Filipino version of spaghetti. This version of spaghetti requires the use of sugar, hotdogs, and banana ketchup. It might be peculiar to some, but these ingredients brings up a whole new flavor that is totally Filipino. Another version is what I call Filipino Spaghetti, which has the same good taste that I enjoyed a lot.

Children love this dish and every kiddie party won’t be complete without it. Fast Food chains such as Jollibee and McDonald’s in the Philippines even have their own Pinoy Spaghetti version (mostly included in the kid’s meal). Yup, that isn’t any typographical error; In the Philippines, Mcdonald’s serves spaghetti. They called it McSpaghetti.

Though this dish is just a variation, Filipino spaghetti deserves to be listed in our collection of Filipino Recipes. I like this recipe in particular because the flavor is just right. It is common for this type of dish to have a sweet tasting sauce, I liked it better because of its meaty taste, which I think is exceptional.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6

INGREDIENTS:
✓2 lbs Spaghetti
✓2 tbsp Salt
✓36 ounces Water about 1 liter
✓spaghetti sauce ingredients
✓1 big bottle banana ketchup
✓1 big can Tomato sauce approximately 4 cups
✓½ cup Tomato Paste
✓1 tsp Garlic minced
✓1 ½ lbs Ground Meat pork or beef
✓4 pcs Hotdogs sliced
✓2 to 4 tablespoons brown Sugar
✓1 medium sized Onion diced
✓Cheddar Cheese
✓4 tbsp Cooking Oil

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. In a large pot, pour the water in and bring to a boil
  2. Put-in the salt
  3. Add the Spaghetti Noodles and cook until tender (see package for cooking time) then set aside
  4. Using a separate pan, saute the garlic and onions
  5. Put-in the round meat and let cook for 5 minutes
  6. Add the hotdogs and cook for 2 minutes
  7. Put-in the tomato sauce, banana catsup, tomato paste, and brown sugar then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
  8. Place the sauce on top of the cooked noodles and add some cheese
  9. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!