Use the CDE Online Validation Exam for your driver’s license renewal application.
The passing score to create a certificate
- 50% or at least 13 correct answers out of 25 questions.
There is no time limit to answer the questions.
1.) A 30-day suspension of the driver’s license shall be imposed if:
- The driver fails to pay the fine within 72 hours
2.) Can you drive a motorcycle if your license bears DL Code B ?
3.) Who are responsible if a motorcycle was used in the commission of a crime?
- owner, driver and backrider
4.) A fabricated storage compartment fitted behind the seat of a motorcycle that is considered as a motorcycle accessory:
- Customized Top-Box
5.) What shall be the color of auxiliary lamps installed at the front a vehicle?
- white or yellowish white
6.) Where can you contest an alleged traffic violation?
- at the traffic adjudication office concerned
7.) Where should the number plate of a motorcycle be displayed?
- At the engine cover of the motorcycle
8.) Motorcycle top box specifically designed for motorcycles and approved by DTI may not be subjected for inspection, registration or apprehension provided that:
- All of the Above
9.) When can a child be exempted to be sitted in a child restraint system?
- If the child has a medical, mental, or psychological condition
10.) A storage compartment attached at the side of the motorcycle not higher than the seat of motorcycle that is considered as motorcycle accessory:
- Saddle Bags/Box
11.) Registration of motor vehicle may be suspended if:
- motor vehicle is found to be unsightly
12.) What shall be the validity of a license that a driver may have if he/she has traffic violation at the time of renewal?
- 5 years validity
13.) Is it allowed to drive a motorcycle in a public road pending release of the Certificate of Registration?
14.) What is the allowed age to apply for a Non Professional driver’s license?
- 17 years old
15.) Where do the collected payments for Motor Vehicle User’s Charge go?
- The collected payments shall be used to upgrade or maintain the roads
16.) What are the requirements for motor vehicle registration?
- LTO inspection of the vehicle and emission test compliance
17.) What is the main use of hazard markers?
- To remind the driver of changes in the direction of travel
18.) You are driving at a speed of 80 kph, along a municipal road, and suddenly a child crosses the street, What should you do ?
- step on the brake
19.) When can a driver safely overtake on the right of a vehicle within a business or residential district?
- If the highway has two or more lanes going in one direction
20.) When can a driver be allowed to use his mobile phone while driving?
- Calling authorities to report a crime or road crash
21.) Who has the authority to confiscate a driver’s license during a normal traffic violation?
- LTO Law Enforcement Officers or LTO Deputized Agents
22.) With this pavement markings, can the vehicle overtake on the side of the broken line?
- Yes but passing is not permitted on the side of the solid line
23.) What is the maximum validity of license that a driver may have if he/she has no traffic violation at the time of renewal?
- 10 years validity
24.) Is using a mobile phone illegal while driving?
- Yes, if the driver is not using a hands-free mode for the mobile phone
25.) How many hours may a Temporary Operator’s Permit (TOP) be used as a temporary driver’s license?
- 72 hours